Monday, December 31, 2012

Update 12/31/12

Oh yeah... I was writing a blog about writing... Whatever happened to that?

What happened was a "truck-load" of unforeseen consequences. I got a new job as a delivery driver and my life went on hold. Six months later I got a new job (thankfully) in the software industry.

Being home before nine o'clock at night, getting to see my family, and actually having time to work on projects has meant that I was able to focus on what I needed to get done.

To start off I was able to make regular contributions to Examiner.com--check me out under OKC Pop Culture.I also made a first attempt at making web vlogs on YouTube--that did not pan out as well. Lastly I started studying Java programming to hopefully point me toward video game programming.

Additionally I bought a 100 year old house, started a coffee shop with my parents, and got a new cat.

SOOOO, any ways--that means I also finished the novel!

Just right at 62,000 words I think it is a good first draft. Working back through chapter one now showed me how terrible of a writer I started out as. So now I am revising the whole piece to be at least as well written as the last chapter was (as well as change POV, tense, and make it grammatically legal).

That said I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I have started on the second book in the series but I am no where near done. I will post a sample of what I have so far of the revisions on here.

Writing out an entire book has reviled several things about the process (as well as editing). My hope is that the next project won't take six years to complete.

Anyway--here's to a new year, a new novel, and fates willing a new publication.

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment